Yes, I have a few slots open right now!
Note: This page is about my one-on-one counseling services. I also have a weekly DBT skills group, which is quite different: lower cost, less intense, and conducted as a class in my office. See my DBT skills group page.
Who works with me?
Most of the people I work with have some things in common: They’re smart and they feel an ache inside.
Many of my clients are successful professionals whose biggest difficulties are in close relationships. I’ve had clients who are business owners, nurses, scientists, doctors, lawyers, teachers, massage therapists, healing professionals, and, of course, professors and grad students. Most look as if they’re feeling and doing fine. And yet, they experience deep pain in close relationships, have difficulty with feeling connected to themselves and to others, and often give to others but have a hard time finding their own voice and their own needs.
These are people who have had a good deal of success in their life, but who have areas of long standing areas of pain, struggle, and who may feel empty or alone in spite of everything.
“What can we accomplish together?”
The clients who graduate from their work with me mention a sense of deep calm, energy, and connection. They mention things like feeling more compassion for themselves and for others, and also mention feeling more of a sense of freedom, ease, ability to speak up, and ability to settle themselves when times get hard.
Where we go together will depend a lot on your goals, so whether it’s to start sleeping better at night, to have relationships with less turmoil and more ease, or to feel deeper connection to yourself and to others, we can work with it.
A lot of clients mention feeling safe and welcomed right from the start, which helps us to get a good sense of what you need and would like from this process and to begin to feel a sense of hope from the start.
We’re likely to be a great match if:
- You’ve read some of my writing and watched a video, and felt like this could be a good match. (New clients tell me all the time that I’m exactly how I am in videos in person, except, of course, that my responses are much more personalized!)
- You’ve enjoyed other therapies, but are looking for something a bit different from what you’ve already done.
- You’re highly sensitive and want someone who gets that piece of the puzzle.
- Past counselors have offered you cognitive strategies or reflective listening, and you’d like something that is a bit more interactive or goes a bit deeper.
- You’re in a good position in your life to make time and room in your schedule and your budget for counseling.
- You’ve felt like some of your biggest feelings or issues were overlooked in other therapies.
- You felt like your smarts had to stay out of the room in other therapies, and the encouragement to simply talk and feel didn’t quite address your intellect.
- OR the opposite: Your other counselors were TOO focused on your thoughts and didn’t guide you into more deeply felt experiences.
- You have feelings and behaviors that bewilder you, and you want to learn about those and find new ways through those moments. You’re hoping for a therapy that can reach places of pain that you maybe haven’t had lots of words for, or that words and insight alone just didn’t really reach.
“What about insurance and fee?
I don’t take insurance, which has its pros and cons: on the upside, we get to decide together how this work progresses without having to be concerned with insurance companies, authorization, or needing to get an external party’s say-so in order to continue with your work with me. If you can afford therapy out of pocket, it can afford you more freedoms, like getting to pick your own person or team without regard to plans taken. Clients of mine with FSA (flexible spending accounts) sometimes use these to pay for services.
My consult/intake fee is $160. My fee for regular weekly therapy is lower, around $120-$145 per hour. Generally, I like to make payment processes work as smoothly and automatically as possible, so most of my clients sign up for monthly subscriptions, at a bit of a discount.
If you’re looking for something lower cost than one-to-one counseling, at least at first, or want some simple skills and support, my DBT skills class costs just $60 per session.
“I’m ready to see you!”
Great! Just follow the steps below to schedule and pay for your initial session. After you schedule, pay, and fill out my question form online, I’ll confirm our appointment, and we’ll see each other soon!
Three steps to seeing me in person:
1. Fill out my brief “getting to know you” form.
2. Schedule your initial session, using the form below. Be sure to specify correctly if this will be in-person or online!
3. Show up at the appointed time! (Online or in person.)My office is at 260 SW Madison Ave, Suite 104-5, in Corvallis.
My phone number is (541)224-6732.
I’m looking forward to meeting with you!